Barefoot sandals are the easiest options for shoes during a beach wedding. Simple and elegant, these beauties are created using elastic string, assorted beads, and scissors. If you’re a fancy-free beach bride, this DIY project is for you!
What You’ll Need to Make Your Barefoot Sandals
- Your choice of beads
- Elastic string
- Use sharp scissors to avoid fraying at the ends of the string.
- We recommend using beads with some type of metallic or reflective quality to add an extra touch of sparkle to your wedding ensemble.
- Use a type of string that you are okay with showing. We recommend going with a skin tone, or something that accents the beads you have chosen.
What To Do:
- Measure how much string you need by wrapping it around your second toe and stretching both sides around your ankle.
- Tie a loop in the middle with a small knot.
- Add the beads on both sides of the loop in your chosen pattern.
- When you get to the top of your ankle, tie a knot to secure the beads in the middle.
- Continue beading the ‘straps’ until you can wrap the entire string around your foot.
- Tie off the very end and trim any extra string.
- Wrap them up in a pretty packaging to give to your bridesmaids (don’t forget to keep a pair for yourself!)
Click here for more bridal shoe inspiration and to see one of our bride’s very own handmade barefoot sandals!