Destination Wedding Blog
One of our favorite bits of advice for couples planning a destination wedding is, “Know thyself and to thine own self be true!” Okay, maybe Shakespeare said it first, but we couldn’t agree more.
One of the best ways to achieve this when scouting for the perfect wedding destination? Always keep your interests and activity level in mind. This seems like an obvious enough statement, but a thrill-seeking, active couple will likely be dissatisfied holed up on a quiet beach with tropical drink.
If you’re more interested in diving from a cliff than diving into a good book, here are five great options to satisfy your fun and adventurous spirit.
1. Hotel RIU Palace Costa Rica: Though Costa Rica is known for its thick, humid and lush tropical rainforest, the Guanacaste province that stretches along the Pacific coast is home to plains and dry forests that are reminiscent of African savanna landscapes. The newly-developed Hotel RIU Palace Costa Rica is ideally located to access Guanacaste’s Africa Mia, where you can enjoy a safari adventure surrounding by African giraffes, zebras and monkeys. For couples looking to do a bit of hiking while in Costa Rica, the resort also coordinates excursions to National Park Rincon de la Vieja, where you can hike and climb alongside hot springs, waterfalls and explore over 400 acres of protected wildlife along the stunning coast.
2. Sandals Negril: James Bond fans have likely already heard of this stretch of Jamaican paradise, whose famous cliffs and beaches are featured prominently in “Thunderball.” Sandals Negril is ideally located along Negril’s famed Seven-Mile Beach, one of Jamaica’s best beaches. Since the resort offers unlimited scuba diving—a relatively rare perk for an all-inclusive— you can explore this coveted beach both on land and in the water. A trip to Negril would not be complete without a visit to the cliffs- a spectacular strip of battered limestone cliffs that juts into the bright Caribbean waters. An ideal ceremony location, the cliffs are also known as a spot where thrill-seekers will jump into the crashing waves below. Just make sure someone has a camera should you decide to join in!
3. Occidental Grand Papagayo Resort: If you’re looking to add some adventure to an adults-only wedding or honeymoon, Occidental Grand Papagayo has an idyllic location that puts Costa Rica’s wild, natural beauty on full display. The resort offers a wide selection of water sports, and it is also close to Marino las Baulas National Park. Home to leatherback sea turtles that come to the beaches in droves from November to April to mate and lay their eggs, this turtle sanctuary makes for a truly spectacular eco-excursion.
4. Couples San Souci: Perched high above the cliffs on Jamaica’s emerald coast in Ocho Rios, Couples San Souci is the perfect sanctuary to enjoy Jamaica’s laid-back beauty and playful spirit. It’s also ideally located for excursions to nearby Dunn’s River Falls, where travelers can scale the natural set of cascading “stairs” for an exhilarating rush. There are also rope swings available for once you’ve made it to the top. On site, the resort offers a number of water sports, including Hobie Cat sailing and glass-bottom boat tours, which make for perfect post-wedding activities.
5. Sandos Caracol: The lush jungles of Mexico’s Riviera Maya region were once a hub for Mayan culture, and some resorts have gone to great lengths to ensure that the Mayan’s adventurous, curious spirit and commitment to nature is still honored. For Sandos Caracol, that means offering guests the Xcalacoco Experience. Based on an ancient Mayan belief that there is an inner jaguar waiting to be unleashed in all of us, Sandos Caracol guides its guests through an interactive program filled with colorful performances, ancient Mayan games, and even learning jungle survival skills! A note about those jungle skills: they might come in hand for the late night walks in the thick mangroves and cenotes filled with spider monkeys, turtles, iguanas and snakes. Just remember: you’re the jaguar, the undisputed jungle leader.
To kick start your own destination adventure, contact one of our Certified Destination Wedding Specialists or browse our site for inspiration.
Although there are dozens of unique and impressive ways to fill your time at this Conde Nast Traveler Reader’s Top 100 Hotels Worldwide, ten has a nice ring to it. Once you experience this Riviera Maya gem in person, though, we’re sure you’ll realize just how much is left to be added to this list!
10. Snuggled up on a beach bed. These luxurious and tucked away cabanas help you indulge in one another far removed from other beachgoers. With a personal beach butler, it’s the perfect way to fit in some R&R after the wedding in an undisturbed setting.
9. Touring the greenhouse. Yep, you heard us right. This 70,000 square-foot, on-site greenhouse produces a variety of certified organic vegetables and herbs for the resort. Whether you want to learn about the resorts commitment to sustainability or sample from tomatoes, cucumbers, chilies, basils, cilantro and mint, the facility is impressive and unparalleled.
8. Enjoying the hand-crafted cocktails. For craft drink lovers, El Dorado Royale has placed a painstaking attention on ensuring that you don’t have ‘just another’ watery mojito. Their specialty themed bars range from a martini bars to a mojito lounge that offers 31 (yes, 31) different flavors. And of course, Mexican tequila lovers will find heaven with the frozen tequila bar that features daily tasting and education.
7. Horseback Riding. To get out and see the stunning Yucatan peninsula in all of its glory, consider a horseback riding excursion through the jungle trails outside of the resort. This two hour guided tour offered through El Dorado Royale includes pit stops to the Mayan cenotes, where you are encouraged to jump in for a refreshing dip.
6. At Bar Las Guacamayas. With swinging beach beds and chairs, tiki torches and warm sea breezes, the open air Bar Las Guacamayas is a great place to enjoy live afternoon music, show off your karaoke talent at night or just relax and unwind.
5. Indulging in some chocolate (spa) therapy. If you thought a spa treatment on its own was decadent enough, think again. This ancient ritual treatment at The Spa at El Dorado Royale combines cocoa butter, chocolate and hazelnut oil for a sensuous and indulgent treatment that will leave your skin with an added glow.
4. Bicycling. Spread out over 450 acres of lush jungle, there’s plenty to explore without leaving El Dorado Royale’s beautiful property. The bike rental services will help you cruise your way through the intricate mangroves, gardens and forests.
3. In a Royal Swim-Up Suite. For newlyweds and lovebirds, the meticulously appointed Royal Swim Up Suites allow you to step just outside your suite to a meandering lazy river and accompanying swim-up bar. When you’re not busy enjoy this lavish outdoor experience, the room also includes an aromatherapy pillow menu, available butler/concierge service and a welcome basket with fresh fruits and chilled champagne.
2. At the Fuentes Culinary Theatre. This avant-garde concept kitchen is a one-of-a-kind culinary theatre that features gourmet cooking demonstrations from El Dorado Royale’s highly decorated chef and sommelier team. Winner of the 2008 Wine Spectator Award, the restaurant’s unique interactive approach lets you take part in every aspect of the meal—from asking the chef about cooking techniques to learning about the authentic local ingredients.
1. Dining in Kampai Restaurant. When a host of culinary masterminds from Michelin and Zagat-rated restaurants from around the world team up to create a gourmet dining experience, the outcome looks a lot like Kampai. With an unforgettable ocean vista in the background, you can enjoy authentic Pacific Rim cuisine from India, Vietnam, China and Japan. From locally-sourced sushi to authentic spring rolls, this savory menu will hit all of the right notes.
10 reasons to say "I do" to Aruba
10. Trade winds. You might not be able to see it, but you certainly will know it’s there. The breezy Aruba trade winds flow at a constant 15 to 20 knots, keeping the island comfortable and cool. They’re also functional: the island is an international hub for windsurfers and kite surfers of all levels.
9. Arikok National Park. Home to indigenous rattlesnakes, lizards, parakeets and owls, the park has a dramatic and scenic landscape to explore. Whether you want to climb the rough volcanic hills of the Aruba lava formation, or study ancient rock and cave paintings, there are dazzling displays around every turn. Be sure to check out the Conchi, Aruba's most important natural attraction, with a stunning natural pool surrounded by boulders that's fun to swim and play in.
8. Fofoti trees. Shaped from the islands breezy trade winds, Aruba’s tangled fofoti trees are as iconic as they are unique. Whether you want to use them as a prop for wedding photos or simple marvel at how they grow nearly sideways, they are an Aruban must-see.
7. Oranjestad. Aruba’s cheerful capital city has distinctive Dutch architecture, with bright pockets of color that speak to its Caribbean heritage. Onanjestad is home to a number of upscale stores and restaurants, along with casinos and nightclubs to keep your nights interesting.
6. Eagle Beach. Aruba’s widest beach is consistently ranked among the world’s best. With blindly bright white sands and sparkling Caribbean water, it’s the perfect spot to kick back and relax or try out a water sport. It’s also home to nesting turtles for a few months out of the year. Watching the hatchlings find their way to the ocean is undoubtedly an once-in-a-lifetime experience.
5. The weather. Sure, there are plenty of beautiful beaches and warm stretches of sand around the world, but few rival Aruba’s near-perfect forecast. Thanks to its location just below the hurricane belt, nearly all days are filled with sunshine and an 82 degree F readout on the thermostat.
4. Antilla Shipwreck. Antilla is the largest shipwreck in the Caribbean. Scuttled by its German captain during World War II, this “ghost ship” (as it is known to the locals) is popular with every diver. At a maximum depth of only 60 feet, part of the ship breaks the surface and it is also a popular snorkeling site. Expect to see angelfish, yellow tail and lobster among the coral formations and giant tube sponges covering the wreck.
3. The people. Aruba has an exceptionally diverse population, with more than 90 nationalities on the island. While you will hear many languages (Dutch, Spanish, English and Portuguese, among others), the common thread will be in the exceptional warmth and kindness of the Arubans.
2. Resort options. Though once considered an exclusive choice for the elite, the island has become increasingly accessible, with high and low-rise resorts offering rooms for every taste and budget. Whether you want to stay in a family-friendly property or an upscale honeymoon suite, there’s likely a resort to suit your mood and budget.
1. Water sports. With the bright Caribbean waters for a playground, Aruba has water activities that will appeal to nearly every type of couple. Maybe you’re a daredevil and want to try your hand on some of Aruba’s challenging kite surfing beaches. Or, for a more relaxed activity, take a Mahi Mahi fishing excursion or catch the views from above while parasailing. The island also has kayaking tours, scuba diving and snorkeling through the bright reef waters.
For more information on Aruba or to see resorts and hotels nearby, visit our site or get in touch with your Certified Destination Wedding Specialist.
Let’s face it: most of us don’t need an excuse to think about food in our daily lives. It’s a tireless pleasure that never seems to lose its appeal, whether we’re savoring a Saturday morning brunch with girlfriends, hosting a leisurely dinner party, or reaching for that devilishly good brownie between conference calls. Still, for something that plays so prominently into our cultural imagination, we oftentimes mysteriously forget to ask this simple question when we plan our trips: how’s the food?
The irony of course is that for most travelers, eating is practically a competitive, contact sport on vacation. Who hasn’t seen a herd of ravenous vacationers hovering around the dessert tables, or felt a pang of idiocy when you find yourself contemplating the lunch menu as your breakfast plate is cleared. It happens to the best of us.
And why shouldn’t it? Vacations are memorable when—you know— you actually enjoy them. So instead of settling for the cold pizza, lackluster lettuce, or flavorless fish, let your belly fall in love and indulge. We won’t judge.
Allow us to humbly kick start your culinary adventure on none other than the famously dazzling, soft white beaches of Cancun, Mexico. Though we have scores of reasons for recommending Cancun’s Paradisus Resort (it’s family-friendly, has great lounges and a stunning beach), the list below has been compiled with your taste buds in mind. Bon Apetit!
- You know that restaurant from back home that you have to make a reservation months out for? The one that has the food bloggers clamoring for a coveted bar stool and hosts a chef who’s racked up countless awards? Yeah, Paradisus has one of those. Spanish culinary hero Martín Berasategui calls Paradisus’ Tempo Restaurant home. With 6 Michelin Stars under his belt, this internationally-acclaimed chef serves indulgent dishes at this chic, retro-glam hotspot. Outfitted in off-white accents, you’ll want to graze for hours over intimate conversation.
- Tacos and Tequila are a match made in Cancun beach heaven. Whether you’re craving a spicy Mexican dish packed with flavor or want to feel the heat from local tequila, Blue Agave Restaurant is a must. The friendly staff prides themselves on their local knowledge, so prepare for a gastro-tour of the country’s endless flavors.
- Sure, you were expecting heat on your Mexican getaway. You just didn’t know it would be coming from the kitchen. Meet Fuego, a Latin-flavored hideout ready to turn up the temperature. Seductive red decor pairs well with the spicy ceviche, fresh seafood and tantalizing raw bar, making for a mouth-watering and steamy evening.
- Stake out a spot on the Zen terrace at Bana for an exceptional Pan-Asian experience. The globally-inspired menu has a dazzling variety of both western and eastern style sushi, leaving you pleasantly overwhelmed with all of your options. Our suggestion? Sample them all!
- Lest you had forgotten your Caribbean location at Paradisus Cancun, La Perla is here to remind you. This poolside restaurant has fresh, pan-seared fish and plenty of Caribbean specialties to keep your mouth happy.
There you have it: a roundup of culinary treasures to keep those taste buds content on your getaway to Mexico. If you're interested in learning more about Paradisus Cancun, or want to get a jump on planning your dream Mexican holiday, we are here to help
You’ve probably heard the expression before: “(Fill in the blank) is cheaper than therapy.” We’ve heard couples come up with countless (and creative) ways to fill this space during the wedding process, ranging from pricey gym memberships to hypnosis, or just a heaping glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Hey, we aren’t here to judge.
Wedding planning is never a stress-free process, even for destination couples. But of all the creative remedies that you stuff into your life to function as someone’s better half/boss/friend/food-bowl-filler, allow us to humbly suggest a new alternative to the grind. Our novel idea is that you consider getting married somewhere that not only doesn’t add to your stress load, but actively reduces it.
We know, you’ve probably thought of this already too, but maybe it seemed out of reach. Allow us to introduce the adults-only Blue Diamond Resort Riviera Maya. No longer the stuff of legends, weddings here are not only lacking in stress, they’re downright blissful. In fact, the Mayans have been working on the mind/body/soul balance for oh, thousands of years. And we think they’ve got a pretty good thing going.
This luxury, all-inclusive enclave boasts generously-sized guest suits that almost appear to have been dropped perfectly onto the 36 acre property, nestled in complete harmony with the lush, unspoiled rainforest and Caribbean beaches.
Still, it’s not just the chic and modern elegance of the property that makes you unwind and breathe a little deeper. With one of Riviera Maya’s top spas onsite, ritual-based healing isn’t a phrase added to your bill; it’s an actual practice. Leap into one of the startlingly blue and pure cenotes or work your way through the Spa’s water circuit, a winding maze of experience showers, hydrotherapy tubs, and temazcals.
The property also boasts custom art patios to keep up the rejuvenation outside of the spa.
And, when you get back to your stylish and comfortable suite, maybe you’ll just stare out of the floor-to-ceiling windows from your canopy bed and feel good about life. Soon enough, it becomes apparent that relaxation here is layered, but surprisingly uncomplicated.
As for the wedding, if you find yourself so captivated with the spa that you can’t bear to leave, there’s a treatment for that too. The hotel can add a heavy-duty glass paneling over the spa’s pool, and just like that, you’ve got an instant, Zen trip down the aisle. Talk about wedded (watered) bliss.
We say go ahead and make your wedding your therapy. Trust us: you (and your guests) will be grateful down the road.
*To get started planning your zen-like wedding, contact your Certified Destination Wedding Specialist.
The BlueBay Experience
The second half of this familiarization trip allowed me to experience the wonder of BlueBay Hotels and Resorts. These few days were spent exploring and indulging in two all-inclusive properties, Blue Diamond Riviera Maya and BlueBay Grand Esmeralda, both of which have so much to offer. To say that I enjoyed my stay would be a complete understatement.
Exclusively for Adults
At Blue Diamond Riviera Maya
From the moment you step foot on the grounds of Blue Diamond Riviera Maya, a Zen-like atmosphere surrounds you. The detail in the architecture and the plentiful artistic displays make for a truly unique scene. This paradise, situated along a serene strip of beach, is surrounded by lagoons, cenotes, and lush rainforest, which offers stunning views from each and every accommodation. Speaking of accommodations, the suites at this resort take the cake. Not only are they extremely generous in size, but they are designed and decorated to take your breath away. My favorite part about the suites has to be the dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows that allow you to open up to a private balcony, terrace, or patio. Guests can even take a dip in a private outdoor swimming pool or private infinity pool, depending on which area they stay in.
In three words, I would describe this resort as luxurious, tranquil, and intimate. Being exclusively for adults, this resort caters to romance. The spa, which is absolutely stunning, offers everything you could ever think of, including a variety of wonderful couple’s treatments. In addition to treatments, the spa has a wonderful outdoor pool, hydrotherapy pool, steam room, sauna, temazcal ceremony area, and much, much more! I made sure to pencil in some time in the steam room and wow was that to die for. The main pools at the resort are situated on a wonderful rooftop terrace, and with the large comfy beach beds surrounding them, it was hard to want to leave. To experience everything, I had to make my way down to the beach and get myself in the water. The lounge chairs at the beach were beyond comfortable, and there was a wonderful beachfront bar area that had great appetizers and ceviche dishes for a quick bite throughout the day. My dining experience at the resort exceeded my every expectation, especially my most memorable meal at Ambar restaurant, where I enjoyed innovative fusion cuisine.
When it comes to weddings, the couple can choose to wed on the beach or on the awe-inspiring pier that stretches out into the Caribbean waters. Another notable area is the pool area on the roof top terrace, which can be transformed into an elegant dinner and reception area. Whatever the occasion, this resort will make you feel like royalty!
Fun for the Whole Family
At BlueBay Grand Esmeralda
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda is the perfect oasis for the entire family. This lively resort is situated on a large strip of beautiful white sand beach in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, and is surrounded by jungle and mangroves. As we made our way onto the property, I was pleasantly greeted by a sleek contemporary design and an abundance of eye-catching areas. We first made our way to spa and fitness area, which was enormous! Upon entering the spa, I couldn’t believe all of the pools and water features inside the area; it was truly incredible. The pool area of the spa is so unique, with its open-air sides that allow guests to feel completely in touch with the natural surroundings. A strong focal point, the circular waterfall placed in the center of the spa is not only a sight to see but it also provides a soothing sound. As we made our way to the second level of the spa, I was taken aback by the beautiful treatment rooms, spa terrace area, and temazcal ceremony spot.
There are a few different types of accommodations at the resort, and the selection is perfect for couples or families with children. The suites are definitely noteworthy with their two bathrooms, living room with sofa bed, and dining room. Some of them even include a private Jacuzzi on the terrace. With no contest, the select swim up suites are the most remarkable. These suites have the luxurious benefit of access to a private pool that stretches the length of the building.
I think the most impressive area at the resort is the pool area. It’s massive! It has a variety of sections, including a separate area for kids, and its unique design is intriguing. There are bridges that cross over at certain points, built-in shallow sitting areas, and most of the perimeter is surrounded by an ample number of lounge chairs. And all of this, with a beautiful beach backdrop! This picturesque backdrop is perfect for a wedding ceremony, and the extraordinary beach reception area is wonderfully alluring. Another great reception spot is the outdoor lounge area, where I was able to indulge in a phenomenal meal and an abundance of beautiful cupcakes. Can’t beat that! All in all, this is the epitome of a great family-friendly resort.
I had a blast exploring these two resorts! Click for more information, and see for yourself if either one would be perfect for your next retreat.
Sandals Grande St. Lucian, set in Castries, St. Lucia, boasts a truly remarkable setting. Situated on its own peninsula, this spa and beach resort is cradled by the Caribbean Sea on both sides. This mile-long strip of beachfront property has magnificent panoramic views and some of the calmest waters in all of St. Lucia. An all-inclusive resort specifically designed for couples in love, Sandals Grande St. Lucian is a romantic retreat full of endless possibilities for fun and relaxation. A fun added benefit of staying at this resort is the fact that you have the ability to experience Sandal’s two other properties in St. Lucia. With complimentary round-trip transfers, Sandals lets gives you three vacations in one.
With five pools, four whirlpools, and an alluring dive reef, everything aquatic is within reach at this resort.
Each room at this resort is its own private sanctuary. With luxurious furnishings, lavish baths, and picturesque views, the accommodations are truly divine.
A romantic and tranquil experience, the resort’s Red Lane Spa provides a sanctuary for relaxation and rejuvenation. With a selection of exclusive services, the spa adds a distinctive Caribbean flair to classic European rituals.
A truly spectacular culinary experience, this resort has seven alluring gourmet restaurants to choose from. Each ready to delight guests with a different cuisine, each restaurant provides a unique occasion. Guests can also celebrate their love with a private dinner on the beach, in a garden, or on a terrace.
For more information about Sandals Grande St. Lucian, contact one of our Wedding Specialists today!
How amazing would it be to say that you were getting married at a Villa?
The name conjures up so many spectacular images, doesn't it? Spend some time looking through The Exclusive Villa Collection and I bet you will find a villa to match every picture in your imagination. Choosing the top 5 coolest villas from this lot? So. difficult! Here are our choices for the top 5 most breathtaking villa locations to say I do!
Borgo Bernardini in Tuscany, Italy
An enchanting and beautifully restored historic little hamlet set in an aristocratic estate of cypress, magnolia and weeping willow trees, lilied lakes and fountains. This gem is hidden away in the Lucchese hills yet just 10 minutes from the walled city of Lucca. Sounds and looks magical, right?
Silver Rainbow Villa in St. Barts, Caribbean
Silver Rainbow (SIL) is located in the private complex of Domaine du Levant in Petit Cul de Sac, St Barts. Just the name sounds exotic! You and your guests can hang out in infinity pool on the terrace that overlooks the ocean and Turtle Island.
Sandyline Villa in St. Martin, Caribbean
How does a villa nested into the hillside of charming St. Martin sound to you? The combination of a dazzling view, lush gardens, and a stunning interior designed for entertaining prompted us to add this newly completed world class, private estate to our top 5 list.
Puerto Vallarta Beach Club in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Not willing to give up the world-class services of a 5-star resort? Then Puerto Vallarta Beach Club is a fantastic choice. The Villas are peacefully nestled in a tropical waterfront jungle on a private estate, yet walking distance to shops, restaurants, and the fun nightlife of Puerto Vallarta.
Aquamare Villa Estate in Virgin Gorda, Caribbean
Inviting a big crew to your destination wedding? No problem. Aquamare Villa Estate is a secluded enclave comprised of three 8,000 square-foot, five-bedroom villas. Each estate villa is situated on a different elevation and surrounded by lush landscaping for maximum privacy, yet angled to maximize views of the breathtaking Sir Francis Drake Channel. Aquamare's private Beach Park is the ideal setting for destination weddings.
For couples who want a destination wedding or vow renewals in a more intimate setting, you will love The Exclusive Villa Collection. You and your family and friends can experience the relaxation of your own home-away-from-home in some of the most spectacular settings around the globe. Take some time to look through all these remarkable properties then let us know what is your pick for the coolest villa?
Part of the fun of having a destination wedding is that you are on vacation with the people who are closest to you. There are many fun activities to keep you busy during your wedding weekend and participating in group activities is a great way for the bride and groom’s families to bond. Nearly all of the hotels and resorts in Mexico, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Caribbean, Hawaii, Fiji, Tahiti, and Jamaica offer snorkeling, surfing and fishing.
Photo courtesy of Sandals & Beaches Resorts
Photo courtesy of Sandals & Beaches Resorts
Depending on the location of the wedding, there are plenty of exciting activities full of adventure, such as rock climbing and zip lining, which are experiences you will never forget. For a couple whose guests are on the adventurous side, Rivera Maya offers activities like cave diving and bungee jumping for those who have the stomach for it. If your family enjoys sports and would like to relax while playing 18 holes, Punta Cana offers 12 operating golf courses. If your wedding is in Cabo San Lucas, you are in luck - there are many beautiful marinas where you can rent a boat. Puerto Vallarta has several beautiful rivers where you can spend the day kayaking with your family and friends.
Photo courtesy of Sandals & Beaches Resorts
Photo courtesy of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
The fun does not stop there. Many resorts offer spa packages that a bride, her bridal party and any female guest can enjoy. Why not make a day of it and have a girls’ bonding party in the spa? What girl doesn’t love a good massage? Getting the entire wedding group together for a welcome cocktail party before the wedding reception is a great way to mingle and catch up. There is great shopping and nightlife around most of the resorts, so why not venture out and explore local eateries, shops and bars? If you and your guests are tired after long days exploring, rent a cabana on the beach (if the resort has them) and invite your guests for drinks and to lounge on the beach and relax. There is something fun for everyone at every resort. Take advantage of this time you can spend with your family and friends while celebrating your wedding and plan group activities so everyone can enjoy the destination and each other’s company.
Antigua boasts warm breezes, turquoise waters and colorful coral reefs. It’s a favorite destination among couples looking for romance, picturesque sunsets, breezy palms and a number of island activities and excursions. Antigua is also home to the wonderful Curtain Bluff Resort.
Hundreds of brides and grooms have chosen to marry at Curtain Bluff for several reasons including:
- A warm and intimate atmosphere (the resort only has 72 rooms)
- An award-winning culinary team that offers fully customizable, one-of-a-kind cuisine for weddings
- Catered events - rehearsal dinners, cocktail parties - for no additional charge
- Two unique settings – the bluff and the beach – both offering amazing photo opportunities and scenery that will enchant your guests
- A wide variety of activities free of charge, such as a championship tennis facility, scuba diving, waterskiing, deep sea fishing, and more
- A full-service spa for pre- and post- wedding services
- A family-friendly escape fully equipped with fishing trips, games room, jungle gym and more
Couples are also drawn to the resort because Curtain Bluff doesn’t schedule more than one wedding a day, so they will get the staff’s full attention for all of their destination wedding details. They’ll get to know Wendy Eardley, who is the resort’s Assistant Manager who personally organizes all the details.
Weddings at Curtain Bluff take place on the patio of the Bluff House overlooking the sea, or on the Bay Beach. Receptions can be hosted in a special area adjacent to the Tamarind Tree restaurant or at the Beach Café Bar.
For brides and grooms looking for a last-minute deal to Curtain Bluff Resort, look no further! Between May 15th and July 28th 2012, couples can take advantage of an incredible deal - pay for 3 nights get the 4th free, or pay for 5 nights get the 6th and 7th nights free. This means that couples can get a killer deal on a weeklong stay, and guests can get a great deal on a long weekend. It’s a great way for couples to host their destination weddings at a super luxurious all-inclusive resort at an incredible rate! *Terms and Conditions may apply.*
Get to know Curtain Bluff a little bit better by touring the resort through the photos below!
To get started on your destination wedding, honeymoon, or any romantic adventure, please click here!
All Posts | Next Page